Friday, May 1, 2015

Relapse? Exacerbation?

My first relapse was a freaking nightmare. You know, most people ask "How do you know when you're relapsing?" Ohh.. you will know when it's bad! Some people say that you don't notice but when you can't lift your foot up to get in the shower? You notice it. 

We moved from Missouri to Illinois and that caused our insurance to cancel out. It took us a long time to get back on insurance after we moved. My Dr' no longer accepted the insurance so I had NO neuro. My prescription was up & needed to be refilled. Long story short, she sucks & kept messing it up. Shared Solutions tried but that Dr' was a poophead. I went months without my medication. 

One day my legs started feeling really heavy. I felt very dizzy. I couldn't stand up very fast without feeling like I was going to fall on my face. It got really hard to walk up the stairs, which is where our rooms & bathroom were. I needed to go up there. It took forever. I had to walk up very weird since I couldn't lift my leg up. I felt soo tired! I wanted to sleep all day. My son at the time was 3 so he felt different about sleeping all day. I wanted to cry.. all. day. long. I had to lift my leg up to get in the car. My fiance had to help me up. Hell.. one day my son took off down the street and my neighbor had to run after him for me because I couldn't move. That feeling.. was just, shit. Complete shit. 

After two weeks of this.. I went to the ER near me. I tried avoiding it for so long because I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say. Hi, I have MS and feel like shit? No. I told the lady at the front desk that I felt like I couldn't breath.. hard time walking, etc. She wasn't listening and had some dude come out to rush me in the back. I started telling the nurse what was going on.. she wasn't listening either. The Dr' came in and I was explaining what was going on. When I said "I have MS and I'm RELAPSING" he thought I was an drug addict that wanted pills.. apparently. He didn't know anything about MS. He treated me like complete shit. I was getting so upset because how he acted is the entire reason I avoided the ER in the first place. People are uneducated and you expect Dr's to know what the hell it is. He accused me of just wanting pills because he was the stupid ass. I ended up ripping the blood pressure crap off of me and going off on him & the nurse. The nurse was a biotch. She was yelling back at me? wtf. I asked for the Dr's name and her name.. she just stared at her screen.. wouldn't say a damn word. I broke down once I hit that parking lot. I couldn't breathe I was crying so hard. How shitty to know that when you feel like you're dying.. no one believes you. 

I ended up just going to the hospital my old Dr' was affiliated with. I went in on Mother's Day last year (2014) I was so nervous to tell the people at the desk what was wrong BUT she actually knew what I was talking about. I was so relieved! I ended up being admitted.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment